So tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Bianca Owens. I am 24 years old. I graduated from James Madison University in Dec 2014. I obtained a bachelors degree in Sociology with a minor in criminal justice.
How long have you been modelling?For about 6 months, I am fairly new to this =o)
So you’re very clearly a fitness model now is that how your modelling career started?My modelling career started by me joining my bikini team. After joining the bikini team and competing, I then began taking part in photo shoots.
Do you partake in any sports?No, I have never been athletic. In high school I did manage several sports.
What is your regular workout routine?My workout routine is far from regular. It is very dependent on whether or not I am prepping for a competition or shoot. Broadly, I break my muscles up into groups and complete each week based on how sore I am to ensure proper time for healing.
Who do you take inspiration from? Can you name 3 female celebrities whose physiques you respect?Alot of my inspiration and motivation came from within myself. I was unhappy with myself. So I began working out. To be honest, at first I hated it. Once I started seeing results was when it turned into a lifestyle.
· 3 female’s whose physiques I respect:
· Katy Hearn
· Heidi SomersMichelle Lewin
Favourite bands and musicians what do you listen to while you exercise?
· I don’t really have any favourite bands or musicians. What kind of music I listen to is dependent on my mood. While exercising I listen to a lot of rap and hip hop.
Does your tattoo have any special meaning? Are there any other tattoos you’re happy to mention?
· I have 4 tattoos
· A rose with a cancer ribbon on my wrist – rose is my grandmothers favourite flower and the cancer represents renal kidney cancer (father was diagnosed in 2010)
· Stars on my hip
· Star with a wing on my shoulder“family forever” down my side (with green cancer ribbon as l ).
So as a fitness model do you consider yourself a sex symbol
· Being in the modelling industry is difficult because many women don’t want to consider themselves as a “sex symbol” but society has created this “outlook” on females that are in the modelling industry. Society makes it difficult for women to be successful within the modelling industry without exposing themselves physically.For instance, I have been asked to be booked for several shootings but when it got down to discussing criteria of the shoot, 9 times out of 10 the photographer requested nude shoots. I refuse to give myself that type of image and if you’re not willing to expose yourself it makes it harder to be successful in the industry.
Do you have any message for the readers of our blog?
· Fitness related: You have to want it for yourself, no one else. If you have particular goals, stick to them, results will come!Model related: Don’t steer away from your morals and values as an individual.
What Social Media can people follow you on?
· Instagram: littlebiaaa_fitxo
· Twitter: @biancaowens Facebook: Bianca Nichole Owens